Most real estate investors, landlords, dealers, and developers waste thousands of dollars every year in unnecessary taxes.
The business of real estate is one of the most complex parts of the tax code. The following is a list of some of the mistakes often made by real estate investors and dealers that causes overpayment of their taxes -
- Not Making the Most of Depreciation
- Not Breaking out Land Improvements
- Not Breaking out Personal Property
- Mis-categorizing Repairs vs. Improvements
- Being Taxed as a Real Estate Dealer vs Real Estate Investor
Additionally real estate investors, dealers and agents are really business owners. As such they are often losing addtional dollars by paying too much in taxes by -
- Missing Family Employment
- Missing Medical Benefits
- Missing Car/Truck Expenses
- Missing Meal/Entertainment Expenses
- Choosing the Wrong Business Entity
- Choosing the Wrong Retirement Plan
- Missing special Deductions and Credits
Investing in the right tax strategy will pay dividends this year and for the rest of your life. Isn’t it about time your real estate business got every tax advantage legally available under the law just like large national real estate businesses get? Call us at 314-496-3432 or use our Contact form and get a Free Review of just how well you are doing. The money your real estate business is missing really is yours.